Friday, October 29, 2010

Trip to Malaysia - Part II

The Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia was held at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club - Oct 22-24. We had arrived earlier the week before, knowing that it would be a few days before Graham would overcome his jetlag. But it was hectic to begin with right off the bat - with practice and press conferences.
And we can't forget those feeding times and diaper changes!
By the way, check out all the credentials to get into the press room!And Graham didn't miss a single beat!
By the way, we were driven all week in BMW courtesy cars. Mommy could sure get used to this!
And as usual, Graham was being the life of the party.
How could he not be, when he's surrounded by durian (a.k.a. the stinky fruit). YUM!!!
Just kidding... we didn't have any. Daddy would have made me sleep in the tub with the door closed if I did :-)

The golf tournament started off a little bit shaky... with bogeys on the first 2 holes. I admit, I was definitely nervous teeing off on the first tee. But once the nerves settled, it was going pretty smoothly until a weather delay took us off the golf course! After a 3-hour delay, my golf game went downhill from there. And things took a big tumble when I put two balls in the water on #17 and ended up posting an 8 there... finishing the day with a score of 83. I guess being put on the clock didn't help either.
Day 2 was a little bit better but those handful of double-bogeys did not help my score of 81. Oh, and did I mention that we were put on the clock again?! And there was another weather delay (for over 2 hours) and thankfully we only had 2 1/2 more holes to go. I guess my stamina is not as great as it was after childbirth!
I had better hopes for Day 3, but in the end, I ended up posting a 86 - with a 9 on a par 4 and triple-bogey on the last hole. I guess I was really running out of steam by then. And oh yeah, another official warning on time! I couldn't believe it! And funny enough, by the time we got to our last hole, we had to wait! And we even had a chance to take a group photo on the tee. Ha ha!
My golf game was quite embarrassing to say the least. Someday,... somehow, I will need to redeem myself.
But nonetheless, this tournament provided a great opportunity for me to mingle with the other LPGA professionals. It was nice to meet up again with friends on the LPGA and also to introduce myself and chat with other moms on tour such as Juli Inkster and Maria Hjorth. I've come to realize that a lot of pro-moms quit breastfeeding really early after childbirth. Perhaps my golf game will improve once Graham takes on the bottle fulltime!
By the way, Juli Inskter saw Bobby in the lobby of the golf course with Graham and she stopped to say hello to Graham! Too funny! Everyone knew Graham by the end of the tournament!

No comments: