Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thank goodness for...

Thank goodness for crib bumpers!
Graham has started crawling in his crib recently. As you can see, he started on the right side of his crib where his blankie is and ended up turning 90 degrees and crawling head on to the bumper! Earlier in the morning, he ended up at the very corner of the bed. He had basically crawled the entire length of his crib!
And he has been sucking on his hand/thumb a lot more these days. I think it soothes him to do so while he tries to fall asleep or when he's asleep.
Graham is also getting better at grasping things like his new monkey teether (of course, it had to be a monkey!). I believe daddy bought this one for him. Graham has yet to put it in his mouth but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time when he starts to put EVERYTHING in his mouth!
He has also started to pick his head up quite well when he's on his belly!
I'm not sure what the "standard" age is for a baby to start picking their head up, but I think he's doing a pretty good job at 9 1/2 weeks old!

The other thing to be thankful for is the internet! I had to take a ceiling fan down and only got this far. I was trying to take a bolt out but it just would not nudge, so that's when I got on Google... "how to remove a ceiling fan" and voila! Clicked on a video... and moments later, I was able to take the rest of the fan off! By the way, I didn't even need to take that bolt out. Good thing I didn't get very far! :-)
Now to put the new light fixture on. Sometimes the tough part is just trying to figure out which switch in the circuit breaker box! The light fixture was a little tricky to install so I needed to wait until Bobby returned home from work to give me an extra hand. It almost turned ugly as I almost "fired" Bobby from the job (unlike the bathroom curtain rod job where I did actually fire him!). Thankfully, a few extra deep breathes later, it all worked out. Now we can take a swing in the "golf room" without taking the ceiling fan down or breaking any light bulbs! Although, we think the light may be a bit dim for the room. Hopefully a higher Watt bulb will take care of that. If not, guess I'll just have to take a few more extra breathes for the removal process! I still love you though, honey! :-x

1 comment:

Movienaire said...

lol.. that's adorbale. Our 14 month old has figured out a way to stick her leg over the bumper and through the bars on the crib so it looks like she was trying to escape every morning.