Friday, March 28, 2008

A Day Off

I decided to take the day off today from golf. But then, I started out the day with 6 bags of mulch in the front yard... sweeping up pine needles on the driveway, 2 loads of laundry... and some cleaning and dusting. Phew! And oh, I also made a pillow today! The golf motif was provided courtesy of my housing host in Lakeland, FL. Thanks, Marilyn! :-) I'll have to convince Bob to buy me a mini sewing machine. Needle and thread just takes too long sometimes for a simple job like this!
While checking out the new mint plant in my garden this afternoon, I noticed a bird's nest in the tree in the backyard. Doing some research, my guess is the nest belongs to a pair of Summer Tanager. Reading it's description, it is definitely true that their calls are persistent throughout the day. Also, I believe one of their favorite insects - the wasp (or what was left of it!) ended up being high-tea for a huge ant!

No comments: