Monday, May 7, 2007

How to 3-putt from 2 feet...

The wind was already blowing pretty hard friday afternoon, but on saturday morning, the wind gust was probably up to 35 or even 40mph! There were a few times when we had to hold on to our caps and brace ourselves. At one point, one of my playing partners was squating on the green covering her head with her hands! And then... they blew the horn. And play was suspended for the rest of the afternoon. Talk about not being fair! Oh well, guess it's the luck of your draw.
As for 3-putting from 2 feet, well... never leave yourself above the hole, down wind, downhill. The gust of wind will make your miss your putt from 2 feet to about 12 or even 15 feet!

Almost lost my car keys this past week. I was having an greasy breakfast burrito wednesday morning. When I got grease on my shorts (yup... that's how I started my day) I left to clean up and forgot my keys on the table outside the club house. Long story short, the keys were turned in after about a 45 minutes of hunting them down on the golf course. And yes, I do have a spare key now.

So after missing the cut, I went out golfing with my housing host at the course outside the house. And... I shot 69! And that's with 2 bogeys on the last 2 holes! I started putting so well from the 10th hole onwards. Perhaps it was the sour skittles, or the 50s music coming out from Jeff's personal golf cart. Golf is such a crazy game... maybe I should have taken up bowling instead! :-)

No comments: