Saturday, August 19, 2017

Pebble Beach Resort - The golf @ Spyglass

Day 1:  We are playing at Spyglass Hill Golf Course today. I would have to say that this was probably the toughest out of the three - the other two being Pebble Beach and Spanish Bay.  All ready at the first tee!
The men carried their one bags while me and Mina had a caddie. Yay!
Pretty flowers:
Pretty terrain and some modest homes. Wait until we get to Pebble!
The men contemplating their shots:
The men getting their monies worth :-)
Yes, we have a tree hugger!  Bobby is just saying "thank you" because the tree took the brunt of his "ricochet" shot and his ball actually ended back up on the putting green! 
Look at the chunk of the tree he took out!
Bobby and I ended up shooting 81.  Should I mention that was with our "other" set of golf clubs. We didn't travel with our regular ones from Abu Dhabi. Hehe... excuses, excuses. Nonetheless, a well deserved beer for Bobby and a hot chocolate for me.
Yes, it is cool out here! Don't think it went above 18C/65F today and with the wind blowing from the Atlantic, it feels even colder:
Not stopping the men from going out for another 18 holes! This time at Spanish Bay Golf Club, but this time they are taking a cart and saving their legs for Pebble Beach tomorrow:
In the meantime, the ladies are going shopping!!!
I did end up buying a little charm for my bracelet -  a little golf cart. Love it! :-)
Almost thought I had lost the charm as I couldn't find the little bag that I had put the charm in. And was blaming the airline as I thought they had actually stolen the bag! Long story short, I eventually did find this little bag. I am getting so forgetful! (No, not old! :-P)

By the way, a little something about staying at The Inn. Every day around 5:45pm or so, the bagpiper starts to play his/her songs on the first tee box at Spanish Bay. Eventually they will come around the other side of the clubhouse by the fire pits. Quite a lovely vibe!
Here's the gal that was blowing the bagpipe on another day just outside our bedroom. I guess it is silly to assume that it would always be a guy!
End of Day 1!

No comments: