Friday, November 2, 2007

Don't try to fix the toilet!

Just my luck,... the toilet I was using today at a golf club in Lakeland, FL was not working properly. I open up the water tank and there's the problem - the chain looks like it's off the hook. So I try to lean the cover against the wall above the water tank and the next thing I know, the cover drops into the tank and whooosssh...! Water EVERYWHERE!... my shirt is about 3/4 wet,... the bathroom floor is completely flooded, and water is still gushing from beneath the tank because there's a big hole in it! I quickly turn off the water tap (good thing I knew where that was!) and went to look for Management. I hope they don't send me the bill!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like I've had a similar experience... Although, when I dropped the cover it landed on the floor and broke! No gushing water for me, but then that is a good thing because I don't know where the shut-off valve is! A memory to keep you laughing through your round(s).

-Kiersten

Cindy Lee-Pridgen said...

Ok... so I'm not the only one with this traumatic experience. Haha! I laugh every time I use a toilet now and pray that it's not broken!