Friday, September 11, 2026

Yard work

This yard is getting messy!!  After the summer vacation and so much rain throughout, everything is growing so quickly and is just lush.  We can barely get through along the front walkway:
Lovely flowers:
This one though, is not looking so good!  Last year, it was the other yew that called it quits.  So looks like they are only lasting for 2 years each:
I'm glad the bee balms are taking in the front yard:
So glad my wellies are still working out well. Don't mind my white compression sock after work/golf. Ha ha!
Bought some new light and it's looking great under these little trees by the front:
Okay, there is a path!
And then, the weeds. O.M.G... how did this one get sooooo tall!!
We have so many apples - looking great in the photo, but the skin has this weird discoloration. I really wonder if it's safe to even eat them??
We have pears too, but again - most of them are looking pretty odd:
Maybe we need to get someone to come by and look at them? In the meantime, lots of trimming!
And guess what I found in our raised garden bed.  Two baby carrots. Ha!!
Look at this leaf I found on the golf course.  It's a heart shape. Awwww 💗
Ok, this is like the most disgusting thing ever. Totally gave me the heebie-jeebies!!
They are called Bagworms.  Here's a video of a live one, if you're interested:
Look what it did to this poor pine tree!!  
And I guess I parked my golf bag too close to the trees and so they were climbing up my bag somehow, or perhaps it dropped onto my bag?!
Whatever it is... I was totally eek-ed out!!  I had to check my bag before putting it into the car, and I even asked my student to check her bag!

Charlie and Graham are doing a great job taking care of the rest of the yard:
Graham mows and Charlie weed-whacks:
Although, Charlie has been playing a lot of golf lately on his school's JV team, so Graham has been taking a lot of the responsibilities in the yard. He does a great job mowing using the lawn mower!

Here's Charlie showing off his muscles - thinking he can out-do Graham in an arm wrestling match. 
Not quite just yet! But he does hit the golf ball much further than me and Bobby now - although still trying to keep it in play most of the time ;-P

No comments: