Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Random photos

Today's the last day of September! This year seems to be just blowing by.  Here are some random photos of the month.

The hummingbirds are still around!  I figured they would have migrated by now, but nope! Guess it was a good thing that I'm still filling up their sugar water:
Although, this year I only filled up one of them vs two last season.

And I've never seen a Monarch butterfly on this milkweed before.  This little fella is busy chomping away! Although he is out in the open, ready to be anyone's snack!
We went to see some fancy cars at a little Coffee get-together thing nearby.  We were actually hoping there would be coffee outside of the restaurant, and more people - but nope!  Just us, wondering around. Ha ha!
Another family did wander around and then this lovely Lamborghini showed up. Super!!
On the way home, ha! So glad this is a smart caterpillar!!
We've had some crazy weather lately.  This is me, arriving at work - just sitting in the truck waiting for the rain to dissipate.  Ha ha!
And then, there were some amazing lightning shows!  Graham managed to take this one with his phone. Amazing!!
And then, more fallen trees around the neighborhood.  Thankfully no more in our backyard (knock on wood!):
Rain also means indoor lessons.  Thankfully I'm able to bring the truck to the back of the range and pick up some gear from the shed:
Rain also means coming home earlier from work and that sometimes also means yard work!  Still so much to do in and around the house (including updating my blog too :-)
There's been so much rain, the mushrooms (white spots on the ground) are thriving!
Fall is upon us!  Trees are already starting to change their colors.  Love this time of the year:
Then, there's also fog:
So foggy last week going to work - here's sun up:
And then, it was a full moon on my way home that same day. This photo does not do that moon any justice. It was a really big one that night!
All this means is the days are shorter.  Nooooo...!!  And cooler - but I found my giraffe socks while cleaning up my closet. These are like "pre-boys" era.  LOL!!
Sometime I wonder if I'm 50 years old or more like 5 years old with these socks :-)

No comments: