Missed the cut but that means being able to spend a couple of relaxing days on-site at Barton Hills Country Club. The free food is a plus!
Looks like weather is coming in!Figured this was the day to get some work on the body. Here is Charlie's first ever physical therapy with the therapist (below in photo) as well as an adjustment with a chiropractor:
Charlie said the chiropractor "body-slammed" him. Ha ha! Well, whatever it was, he definitely felt better after! Especially after having to carry the golf bag for the last 4 days. And we didn't even get to bust out the big tour bag. There's a few big hills on the back-9. Ha!
Okay, definitely rain delay now!
Once the weather cleared out, we decided to go out on the golf course to watch some golf action. Found where all the mowers "sleep"!
Charlie is still trying to figure out his golf swing:
It was nice being able to get close to the players:
Back at the same spot at the end of the day. Ha ha!!
Fun day!!
Once the weather cleared out, we decided to go out on the golf course to watch some golf action. Found where all the mowers "sleep"!
Charlie is still trying to figure out his golf swing:
It was nice being able to get close to the players:
It was funny because right after Annika hit her shot on this Par 3, her husband/caddy said, "Every time! After a birdie!!". I found it very funny as that's exactly what I would say to myself! Annika had just birdied her previous hole, and on this Par 3, she didn't hit a great shot and the ball went into the greenside bunker on the right. Totally relatable!! LOL!!
Annika's swing:
Karrie Webb's swing:
Love it! They make it look so easy. And we met Kay Cockerill on the course too - she was commentating for the Golf Channel. It was so nice of her to make eye-contact and to say hello to me!I wouldn't want to be that person up there on a stormy day. Yikes!Back at the same spot at the end of the day. Ha ha!!
Fun day!!
Later that evening... fun tile mural!!
Duck... yum! Except Charlie did not share :-P
The Pad Thai was just so-so:
Look at the fancy watch that the organizers presented to each player. Love it!
Charlie gets my Eagle golf ball :-)
On Sunday, it's time to send my sister to the airport and to return the courtesy car. I'm so sad on both accounts!
One more meal at the club:
Somehow, Bobby managed to get some gumbo from the chef:
Happy Daddy!!
Every day, we didn't miss one meal :-)
And we're off, back on the road:
Can't believe this kiddo still travels with his blanket and his puppy :-)
Greeted with some new flowers when we got home:
And look, it's a Monarch caterpillar!!
Almost feel like they should be butterflies by now. I hope this one survives!
The Pad Thai was just so-so:
Look at the fancy watch that the organizers presented to each player. Love it!
Charlie gets my Eagle golf ball :-)
On Sunday, it's time to send my sister to the airport and to return the courtesy car. I'm so sad on both accounts!
One more meal at the club:
Somehow, Bobby managed to get some gumbo from the chef:
Happy Daddy!!
Every day, we didn't miss one meal :-)
And we're off, back on the road:
Can't believe this kiddo still travels with his blanket and his puppy :-)
Greeted with some new flowers when we got home:
And look, it's a Monarch caterpillar!!
Almost feel like they should be butterflies by now. I hope this one survives!
Back to using my tour bag for a little while for lessons:
But I do need to get the one pocket fixed (somehow the fabric is stuck to each other) and also need to add one more little thing on the embroidery.
But I do need to get the one pocket fixed (somehow the fabric is stuck to each other) and also need to add one more little thing on the embroidery.
Oh, I guess Bobby only told me later that he was making donuts in the muddy parking lot by the golf course?!
On top of of a muddy mud-flap, the front left tire was also low on air by the time I had to drive my truck the next day. Seriously?!
On top of of a muddy mud-flap, the front left tire was also low on air by the time I had to drive my truck the next day. Seriously?!
What a fun trip! Boys have school the next day and I guess Daddy is getting them to shave?! Too cute!


























.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment