Monday, May 22, 2023

Some yard work

Some yard work this past weekend. The weeds are relentless!!  At least there are some nice new blooms in the yard.  Didn't realize we had some purple iris:

And the pine needles are growing too! You can tell the new ones by their lighter color:

This spot here is so messy! And so blah and a dull green. I'll have to figure out how to add some color during this time of the year. I do remember it being quite pretty when we moved in last July. So there will be some homework on when certain flowers bloom so I'm hoping to add some color for next year:
Not sure what these are, but they are pretty. Some color splash for sure:
I think this one is a weed:
I also think this one is a weed. It's definitely growing too fast and flowering too quickly compared to the other plants:
Nothing like waking up in the morning and seeing Bobby with a bonfire in the yard!
I think he is a lot happier now that some of the old branches are taken care of.  ("Men, men, men, men...")

Hopefully the weeds will stay in control for the next 2 weeks. No more weeding until after my golf qualifier. My (old) body can only take so much!! :-P

No comments: