Sunday, May 28, 2023

Misc happenings

Just a few random photos from the last couple of weeks.  

We finally have some baby lemons!  I wasn't sure if this plant would survive. It was losing a lot of leaves this past winter:
And the little banana pepper is also growing. Yay!
I just have to remember to water the plants outside, since I don't have a rain barrel (yet). It's been quite a hassle to drag the hose over to that side of the house. I guess I didn't plan that very well when I was thinking of a place to put the raised garden bed. Oh well!

Finally bought a new pair of golf shoes!
My US Women's Open qualifier is in less than 2 weeks. YIKES!!

Charlie made a plate for me for Mother's Day.  Awww, I love it!  I just have to bake it in the oven so the paint will set :-)
This is why I'm putting on weight - we recently found a lovely French bakery not too far from the house.  Here's their chocolate croissant drizzled with a pistachio cream.  Yuuuummmm.....!!!
Bobby and I finally decided to pick up some free mulch that's provided by the local township:
Thankfully we had some sturdy paper bags and some plastic bags that I had saved from previously-bought mulch.  And it really wasn't so bad with the self-serve.  But then again, the weather was nice and cool.  Perhaps it would have been a lot more different if it was hot and humid!
I love that Bobby is cooking more at home, but how come I still have to do the dishes?!
We finally put the bike rack (for the truck) together.  Well, I didn't actually do it.  I told Graham we would put it together and by the time I got down to the garage, he was already deep into it! :-)
Perfect fit! 
And it's been working really well so far - at least for just the 1 bike. We took my bike to the store to get a tune-up but it would have cost $120.  My bike doesn't even costs so much. LOL!!  Hoping to get all our bikes up so we can go biking around the preserves.  Plenty of bike trails, although Bobby has yet to get his bike. I was thinking he would take mine, and I would just use the electric scooter. He he!

* Quick update - Bobby just bought his new bike today! Yay!!

I can't believe this bird pooped in this same spot on the back deck, right after I cleaned it!!
We decided to cook up a few pizzas the other night on the outdoor grill. It's nice that the weather is still cool in the evenings to have a fire:
Bobby captured a photo of me and the boys on the couch one night while watching TV.  Awwww...!
Don't mind the cushions... Ha ha!!

I was finishing up my 36th hole (in a day) last week when Bobby and the boys arrived at the club.  Nice to have someone push my push-cart and rake the bunker :-D
Charlie silhouette totally looks like me here! It's almost too uncanny because this is probably something I would be doing - trying to get something off the roof with not just the broom but also with a grabber. Ha!
Okay, maybe with just the broom this time. LOL!
Somehow they always seem to be able to get their airplanes stuck everywhere!
That's all the excitement for now!

No comments: