Friday, March 10, 2023

Random photos

I had to pick Graham up from school after an after-school activity earlier in the week. I don't know why I thought I could finish cooking, but I decided to make some mash potatoes 15 minutes prior to leaving. And then, I thought I'd throw the pork loin into the oven too just before leaving as well.  Of course, the potatoes were barely done when it was time for me to leave. Sooooo... I decided to task Charlie with this chore of making mash potatoes.  I told him to write down the instructions:
And he did it!  My biggest concern was him not turning off the stove, but he got it all done. So proud of him!

I had to tell Bobby to flip the pork loin and then turn off the oven too.  Well done to Daddy too for not overcooking the loin!  Graham and I were stopped at the train track on the way home, from a cargo train passing.  That's an extra 4 minutes of idle time and so we couldn't get home in time.  Ha!  Maybe I need to keep doing these things so someone else can finish cooking for me :-D

Ahhhh, drip, drip, drip! Our bathroom rain showerhead has been dripping for months now. I finally decided to take it down and see what the issue was:
This washer inside is pretty much disintegrated.  And of course, it wasn't a simple rubber one:
I ended up going to 2 stores and still not getting this "ring".  I eventually had an online chat with a representative from the company and she was able to direct me to the correct part. But I had to buy a 10-pack. Ha ha!  Thankfully, it wasn't too expensive.  

The drip is still happening though so that probably means there's something is wrong with the actual faucet?! Problem is I will have to turn off the water in order to figure things out. There's some sort of cartridge that needs to be pulled out and replaced.  Hopefully it's as simple as that - or at least that's what I'm being told by these online DIY videos.  Ha ha!

Oh M Goodness, plants are starting to sprout outside!
Oh, but wait... it is snowing (last night)!!
I love how pretty it is in the mornings after a snowfall:
Definitely just try to stay indoors as much as I can today.  It is 33F in the morning right now. Brrrr...!

Weirdly enough, my Christmas cactus is sprouting a bud??!
It would be nice to see a few plants sprout some flowers.  All my indoor plants are really struggling! It will be nice to be able to put the plants outside again.  Spring is in 1.5 weeks.  Can't wait to see what else will sprout in the garden :-D

No comments: