Thursday, March 2, 2023

New month, new projects

I finally got out of my PJs and started working on a few things around the house. Okay, wait... let's just bake in the sun for a little bit.  So happy when the sun is out and the back part of the couch is the best to sit when that happens!
Oh, I'm finally done with my Origami class at Charlie's school.  I had volunteered to teach Origami to 3rd-5th Graders, once a week for the month of February.  Here's a sample project that I was going to show in my last class this past Tuesday. I hope the kids enjoyed all the classes :-)
So, okay... first project to tackle.  Weirdly enough, Graham had a tough time with his bath tub faucet spout diverter the night we got back from snowboarding.  I guess it's time to replace it with a new one!
Actually, I had bought these spare parts months ago but never did have a chance (or really the desire) to do anything about it.

Oh boy, look how yucky the inside of that bath tub faucet is!  There's so much gunk in there.  And I actually took of bits of the actual spout too with the screwdriver by accident. This faucet is getting so brittle already:
Eventually, we will have to change the entire faucet out.  But in the meantime, we are just fixing the diverter.  I am also going to replace the diverter for the bath tub downstairs.  There is still water spilling out when the diverter gets pulled up to the showerhead, but not as much as before. That will do for now :-)

And I am finally tackling the light fixture in our bedroom. The new ceiling fan has been sitting in the corner of our bedroom since Aug or Sept?!
It is suggested that the fan does not use a dimmer, so I had to fix one of those switches to just a single-pole switch:
Wait, are you kidding me?? Where did this piece come from??!
NOOOoooo...!!!  The fan is already up and running!!
Urgh, well - that one piece cost about 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back! I actually put that piece on the downrod but after getting the fan back up, it was still not in the correct position.  Double Urgh!!  Thankfully I had to leave for school so it gave me some time to calm down. Ha ha!  And when I got home, I actually had Bobby help me out on the ladder.  I guess that's why the saying goes "3rd times' the charm"?!

Well, maybe Bobby will have some better luck too once that 3rd opportunity comes along.  He is probably going to be upset with me for mentioning this, but he did not get the job at Augusta National. Yes, that golf club that hosts the Masters!!  Keep trying, honey.  We love you, no matter what.  And hey, you had a free trip to Augusta to see the property and now, we get to stay at this beautiful place :-)

And now that we are staying, it's time to hang some more decor up on the walls.  These are some Chinese scrolls that Bobby brought back from China a long time ago:
Looks pretty good in the bedroom.  Of course, the time I saw the Great Wall of China was also the same trip when I met Bobby XOX
Feeling good and productive when the sun is out.  But there's suppose to be another winter storm coming in tomorrow??!  It's March!  I actually did notice some new bulb leaves peeking out of the ground this morning.  Hopefully they will survive this next cold snap.  And after going through some of these snow storms, I'm not sure if I planted the new bulbs deep enough.  We'll see what happens in the next few weeks if anything grows. But then again, I'm not sure where I actually put them all. This is probably why I love Spring.  LOL!

No comments: