Monday, March 6, 2023

Random photos of the week

Another busy week.  There was a STEM event hosted by one of the elementary schools in the district last week. It was a lot better than I had expected!
Charlie saw a kid building with these blocks and decided to join in a that table:
Nicely done to Charlie and this other boy!

Graham wandered off and decided to try out some other gadgets.  This one was really cute:
He had to figure out what each color block did when he put the little car on it.  Neat!
And then, both boys moved on to this other section - where they had to build a "boat" that would be able to push/pull a remote-controlled "Sphero".
It's funny, the boys have a "Sphero" as well but hardly ever play with it anymore! Anyway, glad they were participating on the fun here. Their boats needed some tweaking but they both managed to get this little remote-controlled "ball" to move their little boat around in the water.  Cute!
In the meantime, I've been working on my memory by making a giraffe out of this whatchamacallit:
And there's also the ball.  Looks like I passed my memory test. Ha!
I also went out last week with a friend to do some (antique) shopping. I came across a matchstick holder. It's like a wall-pocket leather one. Not sure how vintage it is, but it's perfect for holding all of the feathers that were given to Graham and Charlie by my housing in Ohio:
It actually has an emblem of a golfer right in the middle towards the top.  You can almost see a little bit of it in between the feathers.  Too uncanny that it's a golfer!

Also bought a new pot and saucer for my Christmas cactus. It was actually sitting in a soy sauce dish. Time for a quick upgrade. Ha!
I do see a couple of new buds on the cactus, which is weird. Doesn't it only bloom during Christmas? Well, I'm just happy that it is not dying (yet??!).  So many of the indoor plants are not doing well! I think it is too cold, even inside the house.

The bulbs are starting to sprout outside/in the garden:
Hopefully they survive until Spring shows up!
There's been so many crazy weather patterns lately.  Just so glad this one missed us last week.  Yikes!
This week should be a quiet one, but you just never know with this household! 


No comments: