Thursday, March 18, 2021

Recent happenings

Here are just some recent photos of what's been happening around the household.

With some recent rain, our rain barrel is full again!  But yikes, when I looked into it - there was a layer of something weird on top.  Yuck!

At first, I couldn't figure it out. But then when I started to scoop this gunk out, I realized that it was pollen!  I guess the rain had washed off all the pollen from the roof and into the rain barrel. YIKES! I wonder if that would affect any of the plants??!

It was Crazy Sock Day a couple of weeks ago and Charlie was so happy to finally wear his favorite socks!
We bought these for him for his 6th birthday.  Pretty fitting as he LOVES macaroons!!!
I don't normally let him wear them to school because they are too long and they are too thick.  And it's would be too warm for him.  So when this opportunity came up for Crazy Sock Day, he was so super excited to show them off.  Charlie and his socks!  I think he gets that from me.  Ha ha!

We've been attending a Family Writing Class online. And the teacher says to write "I'm stuck" when you are stuck with writing.  She basically wants you to just keep the pen on the paper.  Well...
Lots of "Os" from Graham!  The teacher did say you can write something else instead of "I'm stuck", although I'm not sure how productive this is.  Hmmm.....

Anyway, here's my contribution for the day.  I was buying some yummy bundt cakes the other day and came across this clip/magnet.  I just had to get it :-D
Here's Graham waiting for his part during his school's "Walkthrough the American Revolution".  He did a great job as sea captain John Paul Jones!
I took Charlie to run a couple of errands with me recently and of course, he is rewarded with a boba drink.  Boba is basically little balls made out of tapioca starch (from the cassava root) that gets put in your drink/tea. Basically just another form of carbs for me to put on weight around my hips: 
We are still getting broccoli from our plants! Yay!!!
Here is a sample of Charlie's lunch.  This kid has been eating so much lately!  
And thankfully he can eat healthy when he wants too.  I still can't get Graham to eat his vegetables.  He has a gag reflex and has bad memories of... well, you know.  Graham has somehow developed a sensitive pallet when it comes to food textures. 

I thought Charlie did such a great job with his art last week!
And I'm enjoying my little Kokedama corner here.  So far, the orchid is still surviving.  So happy!!!
I did just soak the orchid kokedama yesterday so let's see how it does within the next week or so. 

That's it for now!  By the way, LA has started to reopen this past Monday.  That means indoor dining is now available, gyms and movie theatres are back open.  Although at a limited capacity, it still makes us worry.  The number of new cases have been consistently going down but perhaps a bit too soon to reopen??!  I suppose only time will tell.  Keeping our fingers crossed as some European countries are back in lockdown again.  Stay safe everyone!

No comments: