Saturday, August 15, 2020

Recent happenings

 It's never a dull moment in this household.  After fixing up Graham's posture, I had to reorder another violin shoulder rest.  Of course, I had to order a pink one when I saw it online!

Charlie figured out that the nerf bullets make great screwdriver covers!  That way I don't impale myself again :-P
Yup, another purchase from the neighborhood App.  I just found out how much these originally cost online.  Woah!  We definitely got a steal for these 2 matching "Garden District" (of New Orleans) mirrors. Although, I have yet to figure where to actually hang these:
And yes, I did end up hanging a pot/plant on this hook next to the dining room chandelier.  So far so good and I think I've come to find out that I love the look of macrame.  Bobby could suggest otherwise:
We had so much leftover icing from Charlie's birthday that I decided to bake another chocolate swiss roll cake!  Charlie didn't want the icing in between the sheet, but rather on top of it - sort of like a cinnamon roll.  Pretty creative on his part:
Speaking of creative, look what Graham made!  He said it's a robot holing a ninja-star.  So cute!
Since Ikea had been closed to the public, I decided to just order these X-support bars online.  They only cost $5 each but then the shipping cost was also $5! It was only suppose to arrive in August so I guess I shouldn't complain, but it did arrive a bit bent!  
These metal x-bars are pretty flexible so it was an easy fix to just get them straight again.  I'm using them to stabilize the pergola.  And with that, I ended up bending my hammer! I mean, seriously??!  I was trying to pull out a rusty (what ended up to be a) 3" nail. Yikes!!!
Well, this is what I've decided to do with all my old practice golf balls.  I used some of them to create a border between the gravel and the mulch. And I was going to try and make some sort of circular pattern but just ended up with a Happy Face.  Coincidentally I had 2 yellow golf balls for eyes. I make myself laugh sometimes. Ha ha ha!!!
We've had a few hot days recently.  Graham and Charlie enjoy the slip-and-slide or just using the water hose/spray.  As long as they don't use the "jet" setting, we are safe from arguments and tears!
Look at all the figs from our tree!  I've finally figured out that the fruit remains green even when they are ripe:
How is it that this couch is always so messy and un-made!!!  This sight is probably a bit extreme of what I had to deal with every night once everyone goes to bed... but not far off from the norm :-\

Stay tuned for more recent happenings! :-D

No comments: