Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Last minute golf in Abu Dhabi

Thanks to a friend for sharing his guest pass, I was finally able to play at Yas Links Golf Club before leaving Abu Dhabi for good this past September. Some neat holes on this golf course.  Although lots to see around the perimeter too. For example, here you can see the new Warner Brothers Studio being built to the left (due to open next year) and if you can spot the little white ball towards the middle of the photo... the ball represents a pearl which is the site for Yas Waterworld. The boys really enjoyed themselves there being season weekday pass holders this past summer!
Some tricky greens at Yas Links. I am glad it was not super fast!
Some golf holes along the water. The building to the left behind the green is the club house. And further left with the tall spotlights is the Yas Marina Formula 1 circuit.  The clusters of building to the right are hotels.
Another pretty hole by the water.  The round shape in the background is what the boys and us call the "Coin" building.  The Aldar HQ is the first circular building of its kind in the Middle East.
The score wasn't so great. I think I just managed to break 80 but this was actually from the waaaay back tees :-P  Thanks again to Kirk for taking me out at Yas Links!

I didn't get to play the full 18 again at Abu Dhabi Golf Club. Yup, was so super busy packing during the last week of September!  I did manage to play a few holes and reminiscent on the time when I first went out to play in the summer of 2014.  I was trying to get some shade from these palm trees while waiting for the group in front and my cart ended up being stuck in the soft sand!  Thankfully I was able to get myself unstuck.  Would have been an embarrassing first outing!
Well, 3+ years later and we are saying goodbye to the coolest Falcon of a clubhouse. I am so sad :-(
At least we will be able to see it again on TV as long as ADGC continues to host the HSBC Men's European Tour Championship in January.  Or perhaps fly out there??? It is a non-stop flight from LAX.  :-P

No comments: