Monday, November 7, 2016

Happy Halloween!

I ended up having to miss trick-or-treating with the boys this year.  I managed to get a sponsor's exemption spot for a Ladies European Tour event - the Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies Open. Yay! But it comes with responsibilities which includes attending the Players' Welcome dinner/party at the official hotel (the Marriott Downtown).  Charlie was a bit sad that I was leaving, but also a combination of being cranky as he had just woken up from his nap:
Graham was excited to be Spiderman.  Thankfully we had an easy hand-me-down from another friend:
Charlie, on the other hand, found a pumpkin hat and a mask - and he was happy with that!
We did go to another friend's school earlier in the week for what they called a Fall Festival:
So many people!
And each class would present a game of some sort:
Some friends brought their toys from home.  The boys are starting to like these nerf guns. I'm not sure if it's a good idea yet!
On a side note, here's a quick peek at part of the Sheikh Zayed bridge that we cross on the way home from downtown Abu Dhabi.  Pretty neat architecture:

Back to Halloween!  On the day itself, Daddy took the boys trick-or-treating around the villas by our apartment:
Awfully quiet!  But thankfully a few villas were participating:
Look! More trick-or-treaters!!! Both Graham and Charlie had a blast:
Success!!!  Charlie was obviously a lot happier now since I left for my dinner.
I wonder what costumes we will get our hands on for next year.  Hopefully cheap ones (or free ones!) as well! :-)

No comments: