Monday, April 29, 2024

Grow light

I never thought I'd need a grow light.  But it seems to be a thing here in the Midwest!
I started a few row of flower seeds when we left for NJ during Spring Break last month.  And actually, I didn't set up the grow light yet.  But once we got home after our 1-wk trip, I started to water the seeds again.  And this time used the grow light.  It's set to 9 hours every day, on a timer thankfully:
And look, after a couple of weeks, the little sunflower seeds started to sprout!
And then, another week after that - the other flower seeds were starting to sprout too.  It's amazing how quickly these seeds grow with the grow light.  Impressive!
Look how cute the sunflower seedlings are!
We've transferred the sunflower seedlings into bigger pots:
And eventually, I'll need to transfer the other flower seedlings into bigger pots too.  And once I can clear up a couple of areas in the garden, hopefully we can have a few more variety of flowers to attract butterflies and hummingbirds.  I'm so excited!

Perhaps in a few months, assuming all goes well, I can post photos of my lovely garden. Fingers crossed!!

No comments: