Thursday, February 1, 2018

Plant updates

I finally decided that this plant has had it.  Plus maybe it's not good Feng Shui to have a half dying, okay half dead plant by the front door:
So moving on!  Actually I really bought the plant for the shell pot :-)  So now it is time to transfer Graham's succulent:
Graham's plant leaned so much that it finally broke off last weekend!
I tried to fix it up with a branch and wire, and more branches - but it looked rather unstable :-\
Anyhow, here are the "babies" from the original plant.  The soil is out of the pot a lot.  I am not sure if this will work!
And here is the original stalk.  I later did read that you can just stick the stem in the soil and roots will grow.  Fingers crossed!  Guess we will find out in a few days/weeks!
The ginger plant is doing great!  The first couple of lower leaves are a bit brown.  Sooooo... put it in a bigger container??!
I have this wooden chair that converts into a ladder.  Looks like it is a plant stand now!
I have also transplanted the bell pepper plants into the big barrel with the pumpkin plant on the balcony.  Looking good!  I hope spider mites don't like bell pepper leaves!
And look!!!  Our pumpkin has a fruit!!!  I didn't get a chance to help pollinate this "female" flower with a "male" flower as we were away last weekend.  So maybe a bee did it? Otherwise, this little fruit is going to die :-(
But look again, there is another "female" flower! Glad there is a back-up:
Okay,... that's the plant update for now! :-D

No comments: